Monday, July 24, 2023

Addendum #9: Cappadocia

As I said last time, I ended up doing quite a planned and high quality Addendum here, because I had so much excess paint to pick from.

I am in a very completionist headspace right now, trying to get through all this excess paint (don't know why there's so much). After the last Addendum on Saturday, I have taken 5 hours tonight (a weeknight) completing this painting and the base of a whole other one (just need to add detail). I wonder if I'll change my plans for the week and finish up the excess paint in the next couple evenings. (It will probably take me through to part of a fourth one.)

I've had this idea to paint Cappadocia for a long time, but never did it properly because it was on the cusp of being too difficult and not inspiring enough. Executing this idea as an Addendum was a good approach. My light critique of this painting is that the outlines of the baskets were an afterthought and slightly too dark, the two-toned sky is a little funky, the leftmost balloon colors is the least like the others, but the texture/depth on the mountains worked better than expected.

Yay, this was fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment